There are so many things I love about God - His love, mercy, compassion. Yet one of His qualities that is often questioned is His justice. People wonder how a loving God could punish people or give them over to their sins. Yet God cannot have love without having justice...and His justice is righteous and perfect, just like He is.
The reason why I love this particular character of God's is because it brings me peace. When I see awful things happening in our world, my first reaction is to stand up and fight. I want to hurt people who have done awful things, to pay back the wrongs that have been done against me. But, I have to remember that it isn't my place to judge. I must forgive, and let God work in people's lives; let Him change their hearts if that is His will. I must also remember that one day, each and every one of us will stand before the throne of God and be accountable for all our actions.
I can rest knowing that the battle is the Lord's and that He is the final judge of everything. For now, my job is to love, forgive, and shine Jesus' light.
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. - Romans 12:17-21

No comments:
Post a Comment