Twelve days have passed so quickly, and already, it is March. Where did all the time go? I feel as if it were only yesterday that I began this journey of growing while reading Captivating. And yet here I am, on March 2nd, already done the book! I have been incredibly blessed by it, and have changed - but the real test will come now, when I have to apply it in real life. No more hiding? Really? Not even with certain people? No. God calls me to something greater, a life that is live for Him alone, and for His glory.
"To live as an authentic, ransomed, and redeemed woman means to be real and present in this moment. If we continue to hide, much will be lost. We cannot have intimacy with God or with anyone else if we stay hidden and offer only who we think we ought to be or what we believe is wanted. We cannot play the ezer role we were meat to play if we remain bound by shame and fear, presenting only to the world the face we have learned is safe. You have only one life to live. It would be best to live your own." - pg. 216
Am I terrified? Of course. God never promised that it would be easy, only that He would be there every step of the way and that He would take care of us. I am ready to go wherever He leads me, for I know that is where I belong. Yesterday, driving home from my singing lesson, I looked up at the sky and nearly cried because it was so beautiful. After the dark, grey, cloudy days of winter, I was overjoyed to once again see the pristine blue colour that I love so much. As the sun began to set, the sight became even more beautiful, with red, yellow, and pink flooding the sky and setting it aglow. I was in awe - I could barely keep my eyes on the road because it was so beautiful!
I realized what it was - a glimpse of heaven, of the future to come. My home is not here on earth, but there, forever in the presence of God. And while I am living here on my temporary home, I am determined to live like a woman whose heart is captured by her God. A woman who is captivating, because her heart is God's alone.

1 comment:
Hi Claudia, thanks for sharing those powerful thoughts. I'm going to read Captivating. Have a blessed week! In Jesus'name. Nicky
Post a Comment