Monday, March 15, 2010

Fixing our Eyes on the Eternal

As Winter's grasp begins to loosen and Spring is beginning to show its face, I am reminded of how quickly time goes by. It seems like yesterday that I was in Italy, when in reality, it was a year ago. The memories of Grade 9 are still fresh in my mind, even though four years have passed. Each day feels more like a few minutes than twenty four hours. Time is passing, and at a very fast rate!

"Man is like a breath, his days are like a fleeting shadow." - Psalm 144:4

Although at first glance this verse may seem depressing, it has brought me hope in dark times. I am reminded that this life is temporary, and that a greater life awaits me in heaven. This is not my true home; my heart yearns for the place where I belong.

The passing of time may seem frightening to some...after all, there are many pleasures here on earth that one may want to hold onto. I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, learning new things, or feeling the sun on my face. These are all blessings that God has given us to enjoy. But when rough times come along, I cannot place my hope in these earthly things. I have to look to God, and place my faith in Him.


Photobucket

No comments: