Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I lift up my eyes to you...

Today I re-discovered just how much I love worshipping our amazing and mighty God. In a quiet and empty house, I turned on some worship music (Leeland!) and stood there singing out my heart to Him. What an amazing, powerful, humbling experience! To know that you are singing to the very same God that created the universe and brought Jesus back to life and opened His arms to us, His children. Amazing :)

I also re-discovered just how blessed I am by amazing friends that God has put into my life. Each and every one has a purpose - to cheer me up, encourage me, and even sing me songs. But their greater purpose, and the reason God has blessed me with them is for me to ultimately be drawn closer to HIM! They are tools that He uses for me to grow in my relationship with Him and teach me more about Him.

God has constantly been trying to teach me just how valuable and precious I am in His sight. I am guilty of forgetting that and brushing it off, falsely thinking that I have no worth and am really just a nobody. This negative thinking has leaked into my relationships with friends, causing me to compare myself to them and ultimately discourage me as a follower of Jesus. I guess God decided to step in and quickly correct my false thinking by placing a great friend in my life who has helped me to see God's truth. A simple message from her in my inbox worked miracles. Guess I actually do matter and I am making a difference - just in a different way than I thought.

We all need a wake up call once in a while to help us re-focus or eyes on the Lord and strengthen ourselves in Him.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

That picture of you, singing to Jesus. ... Oh, what a blessing you are.

And yes, you matter ... You really matter.

Territory Mom said...

I love this. I need to do that everyday, sing & praise God. You are wonderfully made by God. You have no competition because you and your gifts are unique only to you. Everytime a negative thought enters your mind just say, "Thank you Jesus" and it will go away.