Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Well, I'm finally 17! Honestly, it doesn't feel much different than being 16...but it sure feels a lot better to be caught up with everyone else in my grade. That won't last for long, though, because come January, everyone will be turning 18 and I'll have to wait another year for that to happen!

Today was such a great day, even though it got off to a rocky start. My boyfriend called (at 9:00 in the morning!) to tell me he had double booked me for that evening. (WHAT?!) Well, after I got over the initial anger, we decided to hang out in the afternoon instead. Before our hang out, my best friend took me out for a birthday lunch...he's the guy in the last picture. I blogged about him a while ago when I wrote about him coming to youth group in October. He seems to be doing well, and I am continuing to pray for him :) I had a delicious turkey clubhouse sandwhich...yum...and I helped him shop for his sister's Christmas gift, though we didn't really find anything at Walmart.

After lunch, I went over to my boyfriend's to watch my all time favorite movie - Pride & Prejudice. I don't think he enjoyed it as much as I did...but oh well, you can't make everyone happy! He surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers (seen in the first picture) which definately made up for the morning "mishap." I guess I just can't stay mad at him for long!

Another great part of today was getting a brand new camera and cellphone from the parents. The camera is amazing - picture #2 was taken from inside the restaurant of a bush that was 5 metres away! The 10x zoom is so great - be expecting lots of great pictures next year!

Well, I have to go because it is getting fairly late, but I just wanted to take this time and thank everyone who reads this blog and comments :) Your encouragement and kind words make my day so much brighter! God bless you all in this Christmas season!




Photobucket

1 comment:

Territory Mom said...

Oh, Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas. I saw your quote by Elisabeth Elliot, read her books, they will encourage you. Have a great day. Love and best wishes! Oh, we are in the mist of huge winter storm, but we are safe and sound.