skip to main |
skip to sidebar

I am a book worm. Since the age of four, when I taught myself to read English (Polish was my native tongue prior to that), I have been absorbed by books. I constantly read - at school, in my room, and to my mother's dismay, at the table during dinner. I loved the way the words would weave together a story and how my mind would envision handsome princes, majestic castles, and magical unicorns. Reading was an escape for me into another world - one that I liked better.
It's been 11 years since I first started reading, and not much has changed (except for the believing in unicorns part...). Books still have the ability to bewitch me and pull me into another world. Although my genre has changed (less fairytales, more non-fiction), reading is still a major part of who I am.
I love the way God uses books to teach me something new about Him and His world. With each book that I read I feel that God is revealing Himself more and more to me. He does this through non fiction books, novels, and especially His word, the Bible. Every time I crack it open, I feel like God's telling me something new.
Yesterday, they converted our dining hall into a study space. Since I had studied the whole day for my Geography midterm, I decided to take my Bible and journal with me instead. It was kind of cool. :) I read through all of Lamentations, and here's some verses that stuck out to me. Maybe they could be a blessing to you too this morning. :)
"I called on your name, O Lord, from the depths of the pit. You heard my plea: Do not close your ears to my cry for relief. You came near when I called you, and you said, Do not fear."- Lamentations 3:55-56
2 comments:
Wonderful post. And I love those verses. Hope your abiding with Him is sweet today!
Oh Claudia,
I feel like I know you. My daughter is exactly like you. She reads and reads and loved unicorns but also no longer believes. *grin*
Great post. See you again Thursday. Hugs. Lynn
Post a Comment