I want to teach overseas. In Africa or South America or Asia...anywhere, really. Just not here. Not this consumerist nation with an equally consumerist church (most of them, anyway). I know there are good churches out there, but I lose faith when I hear how some of them are spending $400,000 on stained glass windows.
Today at tutoring, Kaye was so excited because of her new princess pencils and pencil case that matched. Here I am, sitting on a MacBook Pro in a luxurious library filled with books...and a block away, there's a girl who's getting excited over a pencil.
When I think about these two images juxtaposed with each other...I feel nauseous. And then I think...Am I doing enough?
Jesus, You've given me this heart for Your people. Help me to follow You and trust You wherever You lead me. My heart is stirring to serve You in foreign places...in places that need your love so desperately. I praise You for Your goodness, Lord, for giving me all these opportunities. You are amazing. :)

3 comments:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!!!! YOU get IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is sooooo awesome to know someone that gets it!!!!!!
Stay with God; He will take you to high places!!
Blessings and favor,
Janet
This is wonderful!!
I know three people who have taught in Korea .. if you want their contact information atany time, I would gladly pass it on to you! :)
Africa .. its been on my heart.
Post a Comment