Lots of people go through trials, pain, and suffering. We are told that it is part of the Christian life, that to be more like Jesus, we need to experience what He did. We learn so much from trials, and the joy experienced on the other side is well worth the pain. God refines us through the fire, and He makes us more like Him.
I feel like very single day is a trial, like there is no "other side", just this one constant place of hurt. As soon as one problem is solved, something else comes up, and the roller coaster starts once again. People have ups and downs...whereas I seem to only have a down.
Recently, I've been asking God "why?" Why do things have to be the way they are, why can't there be peace in my life, why must there always be a problem? Why, why, why? I want answers, and I want them so badly...why, God, why can't You fix things? You are strong enough, no task is too small for you...the questions keep coming, and I know that asking them is getting me nowhere nearer to being satisfied with where I am.
Listening to a Mark Driscoll sermon definitely changed my perspective. He was preaching from the Beatitudes, and talking about how Jesus viewed the blessed.
"Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh." - Luke 6:20-21
Jesus says that the people who hunger, weep, and are poor are blessed...and one day, they will be blessed in His kingdom. This gives me so much hope, and so much to look forward to! I am thankful for the trials, because they put this life into perspective.


1 comment:
You are such a sweetie. I love your thoughts. I love your heart. When I read your post I thought of a quote I like by C.S. Lewis.
"The settled happiness and security which we all desire, God withholds from us by the very nature of the world: but joy, pleasure and merriment, He has scattered broadcast. We are never safe, but we have plenty of fun, and some ecstacy. It is not hard to see why. The security we crave would teach us to rest our hearts in this world and oppose an Obstacle to our return to God... Our Father refreshes us on the journey with some pleasant inns, but will not encourage us to mistake them for home."
Post a Comment