Monday, April 12, 2010

Early Morning Worship


Usually, I'm the kind of person that loves to sleep in on weekends. Since I have to wake up at 6:00 every morning during the week for school, it's nice to have couple days where you don't have to worry about getting up. Yet for some reason, I woke up early yesterday Sunday morning (early=8:00 AM) and couldn't get back to sleep. Ugh, I thought, might as well get up and walk the dog. So, I decided to let my mom sleep in while I took Isis for a walk in the forest.

Little did I know just what a blessing it would turn out to be. It was such a beautiful day - the sky was a pristine blue, and the sun provided me with just the perfect amount of warmth. It was...amazing. But as amazing as the view was, worshipping God in that place was even better. I don't get to attend the kind of church that I would want to on Sundays. My mom makes me go to Catholic church with her, and I go out of duty and obedience. Yet there is always something lacking in mass - at least, that's what I find. I come out of there wondering, Where's the joy, God?

I don't have the opportunity of worshipping in a large group, of being able to lift my hands to God without being stared down by people (I wouldn't even try such a thing at mass!). The congregation stands there with no emotion on their faces while songs are being sung about God's greatness and His glory. It makes me wonder if they even know Who it is we are singing about.

So on Sunday morning, I decided to have my own worship session. True, there wasn't a band playing or people around me singing...but I didn't need that, because the one thing that mattered was there. I was in God's presence, and I was praising Him.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Indy said...

Beautiful! As you know, I can relate to the whole lack of emotion thing. Im glad you are able to find such a presence and be able to worship him - Freely!

Be blessed,Indi